Tooth Colored Fillings
Composite fillings are a hybrid material of porcelain and plastic that look good and last for a long time. Composite fillings are used to restore teeth that have been decayed and/or broken. Composite fillings can also be used for cosmetic bonding.
Please be aware of the following:
- Tenderness to biting is common for two to three days after filling(s) placement. If tenderness continues for longer than three days, call us for a simple adjustment of your bite. Your new filling(s) may be interfering with your natural bite.
- Mild hot and cold sensitivity is normal for the first week after filling(s) placement. The size and location of the filling(s) influence how the teeth react. If discomfort persists, call us.
- If you had a filling placed that was very deep and you are having continued sensitivity and pain, root canal therapy may be needed. The doctor will inform you of this possibility.
- A tooth with a filling is not as strong as the original tooth. Avoid chewing hard candies and ice on the fillings. Flossing between your teeth and brushing regularly is the best thing YOU can do to prevent cavities under your new fillings.
- Regular six-month dental check ups are the key to detecting problems early. Professional cleanings remove plaque and tartar, which are bacteria that cause cavities. X-rays let the dentist look between your teeth where most problems occur. Your dental hygienist will coach you on how to prevent problems.
Your comfort is our top priority. If you have any questions, call us at 817-329-4746.
DFW Dentistry from the Heart 2011
Huckabee Dental is a participating practice in Dentistry From The Heart. Along with several volunteers, Huckabee Dental provided over $65,000 in free dental care last year. This event is held once a year, this year on Friday, February the 11th, 2011.
Click Here to read to more news.
Take a look at what other patients have said about Huckabee Dental and post your own feedback about our office.
Recommend Dr. Huckabee on RealSelf.com click here
Recommend us to others online!