Wisdom Tooth Extractions – Southlake, TX
Wisdom teeth grow in between the ages of 15 and 25 and can cause some serious issues if there’s not enough room in your mouth to house them or they’re impacted below the gumline. In these situations, removing them can be the best option, so you can maintain a healthy smile in the future. If you’re unsure of whether or not your wisdom teeth need to be removed, call our dental office today to schedule a consultation to discuss widom tooth extracations with our Southlake, TX oral surgeon, Dr. Draper!
Huckabee Dental for
Wisdom Tooth Extractions?
Board-Certified Oral &
Not every patient needs to have their wisdom teeth removed. However, we typically recommend this procedure for patients who:
- Are experiencing severe pain from them growing in
- Have impacted wisdom teeth that could become infected
- Don’t have enough room in their jawbone to support their third molars
- Have partially emerged wisdom teeth
- Are experiencing crowding as a result of wisdom teeth growing in
After your surgery, we recommend following these aftercare instructions (as well as any that we give you during your consultation):
- Eat a soft diet
- Keep the gauze pad over the surgical site for a half hour
- Avoid vigorous rinsing of your mouth and touching the surgical site
- Restrict your activities in the days following your surgery
- Place an ice pack on your face for 10-minute increments to minimize swelling
These are just a few of several aftercare instructions that we’ll provide you with. If you have any questions or concerns while you’re healing, please don’t hesitate to call our dental office.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I Need Oral Surgery View Our Services